Campers – Interested in borrowing a tandem bicycle?
During the weeks of the year when camp is not running, our tandems are available to you on a no cost loan basis!
If you are interested in borrowing a tandem bicycle, please contact:
Norm Smith, Program Coordinator
Cell or text: 518 441-6010
Tandem Bicycle Loan Program Rules:
- The bike can only be ridden by parents and riders who have been checked out by the Program Coordinator.
- Both riders must be wearing a secured helmet before mounting the bike.
- Tire pressure should be checked each time the bike is ridden.
- A pump compatible with Schrader valves is required.
- It is not advisable to inflate at a gas station. The proper inflation is listed on the side of the tire.
- Your camper should remember his/her ABCs
- Check: Air, Brakes, Chain
- The bike must be stored inside a garage, shed or barn. It is not sufficient to cover it with a tarp outside.
- A good bike lock is recommended whenever leaving the bike unattended.
- Lubing the chain is needed if the bike is ridden in the rain or periodically thereafter.
Please feel free to contact Norm if you have any questions or concerns.